QUALITY OVER QUANTITY

"Books and friends should be few but good." People might perceive her as blind but what she can see through her inner eye, others can't even with their naked eye. Because of her, I have started seeing every single thing to which I was blind. When we started our journey, we were mere strangers but today she's my best friend. Very efficiently she understands my silence, pain and thoughts. She has made me realize that not all forms of visual impairments come with a guide dog and a white stick. I've seen many people having sight but no vision. I heard someone saying, "The eyes are useless if the mind is blind" and I strongly agree with this. With every passing day, my bond with my special friend Mehwish is becoming stronger. Not only our friendship but my nerves, my heart and my bones have become stronger too. She has taught me how to turn my weaknesses into strengths. The way she boosts up my confidence and encourages me is exceptionally wonderful. She is my true friend who tells me when it's my fault, gives me sincere advice and defends me in my absence. Through her motivated speech, I got to know that when the world became dark for her, she passed from one well intentioned person to another, each claiminy to know some healing remedy. Physicians were called in. They too tried to restore her sight. Each attempt by the doctors resulted in failure and disappointment and most of the treatments were agonizing. One day, the doctors told her that her blindness is irreversible. Although it's really hard to accept but she has realized the fact that what can't be cured must be endured. Being both soft and strong is a combination very few can master. She is a role model for many including me. She has learned her way around her house and can walk without a guide too. She is truly an inspiration for me as she has come in terms with her blindness and has found a place for herself in this world through her selflessness, kindness, optimism, love and care. Of all her siblings, she is the most hardworking, dedicated, sincere and caring. She has a very strong will power and is self motivated. She's so optimistic that she shows me the sun where I see the dark grey clouds. I highly respect her because she judges people by their personality and not by their looks. The loss of sight hasn't impaired the qualities of her mind and heart. She is a great friend who helps me to find important things when I've lost them.....my smile, my hope and my courage. When I can't see a ray of hope or light at the end of the tunnel, she shows me the spark. She is unique and differently abled. She can clearly see the light and strongly believes in the light while those who have eyes don't believe in the light. They can only see it. Despite all the storms made of pain and loss, despite all the chaos that I have had to endure, I'm still here. I'm bent but not broken, scarred but not disfigured, sad but not hopeless, tired but not lifeless, depressed but not giving up because Mehwish Shehzadi is there for me. I wish and pray that we grow old together, sharing life's great moments, keeping each other's company and living, loving, laughing even when our eyesight dims. Her genuine friendship is a gift generously given, happily accepted and deeply appreciated. She's a gem hard to find and lucky to have. She is the most precious and priceless possession I have. She is a blessing in the real sense of the word.

Comments

  1. Beautifully written Maheen ❤️ You always see the best in everyone and everything. You are a star that always shines it's light wherever you go ⭐ Always keep on shining.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing maheen i knew it that u r very talented maa shaa ALLAH stay blessed always 💗

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Life Well Lived!

FULL CIRCLE MOMENT

FROM REJECTION TO RE EJECTION