The Beauty of my Life

Appreciation is like water to a flower. You need to appreciate your loved ones to nourish their growth. This piece of writing is meant to admire my princess for all that she is and what she does for me. Her name is Mehwish Shehzadi commonly known as Mehwish but since Mehwish is a common name possessed by my teacher, a cousin, a class fellow and a colleague so I love calling her Shehzadi, the one and only, the one who rules my heart and has taught me the art of living life to the fullest. Someone has rightly said, "What's in a name? The thing we call a rose by any other name would smell as sweet." Flowers always make people better, happier and more helpful. They are sunshine, medicine and food for the soul. It's the rose in my garden that makes my life so special and she is my rose. She is the beauty of my garden of life. She has added colours of joy in my life. She is delicate and soft. She blooms when she is ecstatic and withers when depressed. She is beautiful like a flower but more valuable than a diamond. She is the source of my extra laughter, additional smiles and reduced tears. One of the best feelings is laughing with her and realizing half way through how much I enjoy her and her existence. She is the girl who would laugh at her own jokes and make me laugh too until my stomach hurts. She makes me laugh more than anyone else. Which is more important?" asked my friend, " the journey or the destination?"I replied, "The company" As we are getting closer with every passing day, we have started mixing thoughts, ideas and actions like two plants growing next to each other have tangled roots making our bond very rich and the hardest to take apart. I need her as the trees need water and sunshine. She helps me grow, prosper and reach greater heights. She is too positive to be doubtful, too optimistic to be fearful and too determined to be defeated. She has told me her story about how she overcame what she went through. Her timeline has become my lifeline. She is my bank where I deposit my worries. She is my human diary with which I share every single matter of my personal and professional life. She has enriched my life by being a part of it. I'm blessed to have her in my life and I feel the richest person on this planet for having a valuable person like her around me who has made my life better and brighter by her shine. I'll always love her, cherish her and take pride in her. She has inculcated patience and gratitude in me. She has never wasted even a single second of her life complaining. She has never infected me with her problems. She has always been my cure. She has practically taught me that If I were meant to stay in one place, I would have roots instead of feet. She is my blue crayon, the one I never have enough, the one I use to color my sky. She is the spark, the inspiration, the guide, and the candle, a perfect example to follow. Some people don't love you no matter what you do and some people don't stop loving you no matter what you do. I go where the love is. Her loving and caring nature has attracted me towards her like a magnet. I always pay attention to who is present and genuinely involved in my life at my darkest hour. She supports me like a tree trunk supports it's branches. She's my support system that sticks around me in the hardest of times, the one who is there for the peaks and the troughs. There are many people in my life who want me at my best but very few who genuinely stand by me when I'm at my worst.. I cherish her as her loyalty never falters. She's the one whose guidance and help I seek. There is strength within her greater than any storm that she faces. Whenever the winds of change blow in her life, she prepares herself for the new season. Her greatness lies not in what she has but in what she gives. I've fallen in love with her courage, sincerity and flaming self respect. She goes out of her way to cheer me up. She will always be my answer if someone asks me what I'm thinking about. She's the light of my day, the glimmer of hope in the night and the only princess I will love. She is not good at expressing her feelings. I'm sure she loves me immensely and she doesn't have to say it. I can tell by the way she treats me. She doesn't say I love you all the time. Instead, she'll say, "Take a panadol to avoid pain." or "Apply an ointment on the hurt and swollen skin." or "Did you eat something?" or "Be careful!" or "Sleep well!" or "Take care!" There are a hundred ways of rephrasing I LOVE YOU and using different words for it. I just have to listen to her very carefully. "I would rather walk with a friend in the dark than alone in the light." Helen Keller .

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Life Well Lived!

FULL CIRCLE MOMENT

FROM REJECTION TO RE EJECTION