Don't Judge Me By My Size
I've a student in class 5th named Urwa til Wusqa who is one of the most brilliant,loving and caring students that I've ever come across in my life.It really made me upset to know that people call her small because she usnt very tall and I could easily walk in her shoes because Ive heard different comments about my appearance throughout my life.To empathize with her and make her confident enough to face the critics, I decided to send her a note.
My sweetheart Urwa! When I saw you on stage yesterday, I thought I would send you a note to make you feel better.
ALLAH has created all of us so making fun of anyone's appearance is like finding faults in His creation. Only ALLAH is perfect. We all are perfectly imperfect and that's perfectly alright. According to me, we all are like flowers, each one beautiful and unique. The Thinking School is like a garden and you are my favourite flower; soft, delicate, sensitive and charming. I will not allow anyone to crush you. It gives me immense pleasure to see you on stage whether it's for any performance or appreciation. Don't ever get hurt by the harsh words and comments of the people around you. The size doesn't matter at all. I realized this when I found a student of mine who didn't have hands. I thank ALLAH for blessing me with two hands and ten fingers no matter what the size is. Haven't you seen Bushra(wheelchair bound) who might look bigger or taller than you but can't walk, talk, read, write and think like you do. You are healthy and happy which is a great blessing. You can walk, talk, think, read and write. Urwa you know I am the shortest among all your teachers and throughout my student life, I have always stood at the front during morning assembly. My hands are very small may be even smaller than yours but I will show you my handwriting. By writing with these small hands, I have won both English and Urdu calligraphy competitions when I was of your age. I tried my best to stop thinking about what people say about me. Throughout my life, I kept hearing different comments about me. Some said "Tumharay hath kitnay chotay hain hum sochtay hain hamaray hath aisay hotay tow hamain kesa lagta." Others said, "Don't wear a watch, ring or bangles in your hands otherwise they'll be highlighted and everyone will notice your small hands." You must have observed that I do wear a watch and I wear bangles too. People might be bigger than you and me in size but they think small. Urwa you are ALLAH's favourite as you are loving, kind and soft spoken. I have placed you on a very high pedestal because no one from the junior section has ever treated or greeted me the way you do. You are brilliant. Never let anyone dim your shine. You are a glittering star. ALLAH doesn't look at your bodies or your forms rather He looks at your hearts and deeds. You have a heart of gold. I love you
just the way you are.
With love and prayers
Yours Ma'am Maheen
Proud of you
ReplyDeleteThank you so much dear.
DeleteThis article made me to think that Mashallah you are perfect and we are imperfect; not as competent as you are.
ReplyDeleteIt's brilliant like you are! Gave me goosebumps.
ReplyDelete