A rare GEM

Everyone has a teacher during each stage of life. But only lucky ones have the same teacher in all stages of life. I share an intimate bond with madam Sadia Malik who is not only my teacher but a preacher. She is the one whom I've known the longest i.e since 1999 when I was in class 4th and she joined Islamabad College for Girls F-6/2 and taught me Science. She's the only teacher who held me in her comfy and cozy lap when I couldn't find a seat in the college bus. I still remember how I used to wave my little hand to say goodbye to her everytime she got off the bus. She taught me English Compulsory in BA and Literary Criticism in MA. Besides English, she has taught me valuable lessons of life. I Gail to count her every single kind word or deed that has been imprinted on my mind. I'll never forget how I used to visit the daycare of my college after pack up time to meet her little ones. She took me to Lok Virsa for essay writing competition right after the earthquake in 2005. I still remember how I begged my principal to change my section in BA so that she can be my class teacher. Madam Sadia tried to convince me saying"You should try other flavours too." I replied, "You're my favourite flavour." Can't express the ecstasy in words which I experienced when my request was granted by the principal. I've enjoyed a trip to Murree with her. I've been to Islamabad Club, Bar B.Q Tonight and Salt & Pepper and dined with her. I've attended two weddings with her. She took me with her to Lahore in her own car to meet our common beloved teacher madam Farida. She accompanied me for shopping in the Liberty market Lahore. She is the only teacher whose house I have visited. She gave me a dress on my birthday party celebrated by the English department. I still wear her love and will wear it forever like an apron against the fumes, fire and dirt of life. She has always invited me to her birthday party when I was teaching in ICG. She is very close to my heart because she has always been there with me not only on sunny days but also on the dark and rainy days. Her full of love and warm hugs have the power to reduce stress, cure sadness and heal my wounded heart. I still remember when her son Haadi was born, she sent me a message saying "ALLAH has blessed Noori with a brother. I have named him Muhammad Haadi Hassan. We both are fine and need your prayers." I'll never forget the day when I sent her a message asking"Is ma'am Roma present today? She replied "No and neither am I. Maheen ammi chali gaeen." I still remember the warm tight hug from her when we both met after the death of madam Farida to share grief. I called her after the death of madam Rabiya and was consoled by her. She is very dear to me as she shares her achievements and accomplishments with me. She makes me feel important by sharing her joys and sorrows with me. I'm blessed to have her as my ideal. I always wanted to be like her. She is the one who inspired me to be a teacher. Even after a decade of teaching, I have flashbacks of her lectures that prove to be very fruitful. She's a perfect example of hardwork, dedication and passion. I've found her beside me at every step in every phase of life. Nothing and no one can change the way I love her and the faith I have in her love. I know one thing for sure that Wherever I go in life, I'll never get or forget a teacher like her. The world, especially my world is better and brighter because of her never fading sparkle. I love her as the trees love water and sunshine. She helps me grow, prosper and reach greater heights. When my arms can't reach her, I hug her through my prayers. May ALLAH ALMIGHTY bless her with the best of everything in both the worlds. Aameen ❤️

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Life Well Lived!

FULL CIRCLE MOMENT

FROM REJECTION TO RE EJECTION