Timeless Tale, Timely Forgotten

I was born in a factory, surrounded by siblings, identical and countless. My pages were blank, waiting for the stories that would define me. A writer's pen danced across my sheets, infusing me with life. I was meant to inspire, educate and entertain. I entered the library, surrounded by fellow books, each with its own tale. Readers' fingers traced my spine, and I longed to be chosen. A young student opened me, revealing my pristine pages. Her eyes sparkled as she devoured my words. I felt purposeful. Years passed. The student graduated, and I remained, untouched. Dust accumulated, and my once-vibrant cover faded. New books arrived, and I was pushed back, forgotten. My pages yellowed, and my words seemed lost forever. A cataloging error relegated me to the library's depths. Shelves hid me from view, and I disappeared from circulation. Decades passed, and the world outside changed. My knowledge became outdated, my stories deemed irrelevant. No fingers opened me now. No eyes scanned my pages. I remained sealed, a tomb of forgotten knowledge. My heart, once filled with purpose, slowly died. The library, once my sanctuary, became my prison. Will anyone rediscover me? Will my words resonate once more? Or will I remain, lost and forgotten, a testament to the transience of knowledge and the cruelty of neglect? I now accept my fate, a relic of a bygone era. My story, once full of promise, has become a tragic whisper in the library's silence. Yet, I hold on to the memories of the student whose life I touched. Perhaps, someday, another will stumble upon me, and my words will live again. Forgotten books like me line library shelves, each holding stories of love, loss and longing. We await rediscovery, our pages whispering tales of a bygone era. Will you hear our whispers?

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Life Well Lived!

FULL CIRCLE MOMENT

FROM REJECTION TO RE EJECTION