CREATIVITY ISN'T BORROWED
While my fellow artists stood beside their paintings gracefully unveiling the hidden stories behind every brushstroke, every shade, and every carefully chosen medium, I stood beside a handful of bookmarks carrying fragments of my heart. The paintings around me were framed on gallery walls, yet my words were hanging in an invisible courtroom, waiting for a verdict. They were admired, picked up, and sold—but the moment someone whispered that they were not truly mine, only borrowed from AI, every bookmark suddenly felt as though it carried a silent question mark instead of my signature. In that instant, the applause faded into the background, and the brightest exhibition lights could not illuminate the darkness that settled within me. I had travelled a long, exhausting road from rejection to acceptance, believing that at last my voice had found its own canvas, only to watch my creativity be painted over with doubt. For a fortnight, every sunrise reopened the same unfinished sketch in my mind. The deepest wound was not that my words were questioned—it was that the artist within me was.
There was a time when the accusation that my words were not my own shattered something deep within me. Those few sentences echoed in my mind for days, turning every page I had ever written into a battlefield between confidence and self-doubt. Being an intensely sensitive person, every word spoken to me finds its way directly into my heart, where it lingers far longer than anyone could imagine. Sometimes, a single careless remark leaves wounds that countless reassurances struggle to heal.
For a while, I truly believed that the only way to escape the pain was to stop writing altogether. I stood at a painful crossroads where one road led towards silence and the other towards perseverance. Silence appeared comforting because it promised freedom from judgment, while perseverance demanded courage despite the fear of being misunderstood. My heart wanted to give up, but my soul refused to abandon the gift that Allah had placed within me.
Then I realised something that changed my perspective forever. If I allowed criticism to silence my pen, it would not merely be my writing that had been rejected—it would be creativity itself. It would mean allowing someone else's opinion to bury the dreams that had taken years to bloom. So, I wiped away my tears, gathered the scattered pieces of my confidence, and continued walking, even though the road ahead still carried the footprints of doubt.
Ironically, what once felt like the deepest insult has become an unexpected compliment. If my words can make someone believe they were written by AI, perhaps that simply means I have reached a level where my expression carries clarity, depth, and emotion strong enough to surprise people. The difference is that AI can arrange words, but it cannot live my experiences, shed my tears, carry my scars, or feel the emotions that give birth to every sentence I write. My words are not produced by a machine; they are carved from silent battles, sleepless nights, unanswered prayers, grateful moments, and a heart that has learned to transform pain into purpose.
I have chosen to accept this criticism not as a wall that blocks my path, but as a stepping stone that lifts me higher on my journey towards becoming a better writer.
Every criticism has now become another milestone on my journey rather than a destination. Every doubt thrown at me has become another reason to improve. I no longer wish to prove my worth through arguments; I wish to prove it through consistency. One day, my journey itself will become the answer to every question that was ever raised about my originality. Until then, I will keep writing, keep learning, and keep believing that the road to greatness has never been free of stones. Some stumble over them, while others use them to build the path that leads them to their dreams.
That's the spirit, which falters but still keeps going on.
ReplyDeleteLove you dear 😘
💕 Love your heartfelt writings
Negativity/words can only affect us if we give it value. Your mind is only as powerful as you make it. Your brain is a farm. Whatever seed you plant will grow. That doesn't mean you plant every seed and replay every scenario.
ReplyDeleteI hope you continue to write more masterworks in the future 🙌🏻
Go high my dear writer, keep your eyes on those who wait to see your writings. Tundi e bad e mukhalif sy na ghabra a aokiab , ya to chalti hn tughay oncha urany k liya
ReplyDelete