Invited by ALLAH TA'ALA
Although words can never truly do justice to the soul-stirring experience of performing Umrah, my heart kept searching for the right language to embrace memories that were far greater than any vocabulary I possess. That is why it took me almost one hundred days to write about this journey—not because I had forgotten a single moment, but because my heart needed time to translate what my soul had witnessed.
Some journeys are measured in miles, some in memories, and a few are measured in miracles. My Umrah was never merely a trip from one country to another; it was the longest voyage my heart had ever undertaken and the shortest distance between a trembling soul and its Creator.
Since childhood, the world has reached me through blurred outlines, softened colours, and incomplete pictures. Faces have often been recognized by voices, footsteps have painted clearer portraits than appearances, and kindness has always shone brighter than light itself. My eyes may struggle to capture details, but my heart has learned to see what vision alone never could.
When the announcement came that I would be travelling for Umrah, my heart packed its bags long before I did. Every heartbeat became a passport stamp, every prayer a boarding pass, every tear a suitcase carrying years of hopes. It felt as though destiny itself had booked my seat on a flight whose true destination was not Makkah alone, but ALLAH TA'ALA's endless mercy.
As the aircraft rose above the clouds, so did my prayers. Every mile in the sky peeled away another layer of worldly worries. I was not simply crossing countries—I was crossing from exhaustion into hope, from longing into belonging.
Then came the moment...
"Labbayk Allahumma Labbayk." The first glimpse of the blessed Ka'aba was unlike anything language can fully embrace. My eyes searched through their limitations, struggling to gather the details hidden within the sacred scene. I could not see every line or every stone with perfect clarity, yet somehow my soul recognized the House long before my eyes did. For the first time in my life, blurred vision did not feel like a limitation. Before ALLAH TA'ALA, everyone arrives carrying something—some carry illnesses, some unfulfilled dreams, some hidden griefs. I carried imperfect eyesight and ALLAH TA'ALA welcomed me exactly as I was. Every circuit of Tawaf felt like orbiting the centre of my existence. Every step whispered, "You came here with blurry eyesight but leave with crystal-clear faith." Then came Sa'i between Safa and Marwah. Every stride reminded me that ALLAH TA'ALA never overlooks those who keep walking despite their hardships. Sometimes the greatest vision is not seeing the destination rather trusting the One who guides every step.
Then my heart travelled to Madinah. Madinah did not welcome me with noise. It embraced me with peace. Every breeze carried serenity. Every street seemed to whisper blessings. Every moment slowed down as though time itself wished to remain close to the beloved city. Standing before Masjid e Nabwi, I found myself speechless. My limited eyesight could not absorb every beautiful detail surrounding me, yet my soul recognized that I was standing before the city of my beloved Prophet Muhammad
صلی اللہ علیہ وآلہ وسلم
There are moments when tears become the most fluent language. Mine flowed without permission. Every tear carried years of longing. Every tear thanked ALLAH TA'ALA for inviting someone who often struggles to see His creation, yet was blessed to witness His greatest signs.
I prayed not only for myself but for every aching heart, every grieving mother, every worried father, every lonely child, every struggling student, every sick loved one, every broken friendship, every unanswered prayer, and every soul silently waiting for relief. As I raised my hands, I realized something extraordinary. Perhaps ALLAH TA'ALA had reduced the sharpness of my worldly vision so that I could sharpen my spiritual sight. Perhaps the greatest miracles are not always seen by healthy eyes rather they are felt by grateful hearts.
Returning home was the hardest farewell I have ever experienced. My luggage returned carrying clothes and gifts, but my heart returned carrying something impossible to weigh. People often ask me what I saw during Umrah. I smile. I saw mercy that cannot be photographed. I saw peace that cannot be purchased. I saw hope that cannot be measured. I saw love that cannot be described.
Grateful—beyond words, beyond expression—for being blessed with sight to behold these sacred wonders while many yearn for just a glimpse. Grateful for the strength in my feet that carried me in circles of love around the Ka’aba, while others moved with wheels yet hearts just as devoted. Grateful for the honor of placing my forehead upon that blessed floor while many offered their prayers seated.
This journey was not just travel—it was a transformation, a silent conversation between the soul and its Creator. A reminder that when ALLAH TA'ALA calls, He doesn’t look at who we are—He looks at what we can become. I carry back not just memories, but a heart softened, a soul awakened, and a promise to return—not just to those sacred lands, but to the version of myself I found there.
Splendid piece of expression
ReplyDeleteSo much describes my feelings of this holy voyage
جزاک اللہ خیر
Ma Shaa Allah, as always I said that "Aphorism" always decorated your words and they are picturesque that we can see your Holy voyage through words. It reminds me of my journey in 2017 of Hajj along with my parents. May Allah accept all good deeds from us and from you. Ameen Summa Ameen.
ReplyDeleteI am getting goosebumps. MashaAllah, the description of your spiritual voyage is so immense that I feel like I was right there with you. Each experience, every expression, and even the smallest feeling you have portrayed is so perfectly painted in the finest words. Jazak Allah Khair for sharing such a beautiful piece of work.
ReplyDelete